Lessons learned from our 8 hour travel day:
1) You should definitely splurge on name brand deodorant.
2) Beef jerky opened in a contained space has quite an impact.
3) Hand carved ham stations at dinner set quite the standard for the rest of the tour.
4) A missed opportunity at the kangaroo petting farm next to the truck stop - even though we hear kangaroos can be quite savage.
5) Tai Chi class with Issac at a rest stop is a great stress reducer.
Our concert at Harvey Browne Presbyterian in Louisville was amazing. We arrived about an hour late so had to eat fast and warm up, but dinner was amazing. The kids started with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to balance out the fast food we ate for lunch. The chancel was designed by an acoustician and the sound was incredible. The artwork in the church was gorgeous…especially the cross that was a compilation of smaller crosses created by each member of the congregation. It was nice to see some familiar faces in the congregation (family of singers) and we had a great audience!
We made it safely to hotel by 9 pm (just in time to overwhelm the pool). The kids got a great nights sleep and we are off to Churchill Downs! Tally Ho!
Check out some of our first videos and photos below!